Lemon Asparagus Salad
Asparagus Salad with Parmigiano and Pine Nuts with Infused Lemon Olive Oil Recipe
-1/2 pound asparagus
-3 tablespoons Sonoma Farm Infused Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-1 tablespoon Sonoma Farm Aged Balsamic Vinegar
-2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
-2 tablespoons coarsely grated Parmigiano
1. Wash the asparagus and trim it by holding each spear about two thirds of the way down the stem and bending to snap the spear where it starts to become woody
2. Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil, adding about 1 teaspoon of kosher salt per quart of water. Prepare an ice water bath by filling a large bowl about halfway with cold water and adding a cup or two of ice cubes.
3. When the water is boiling, add the asparagus and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until asparagus is tender but still firm. Drain the asparagus and immediately plunge into the ice water bath. Chill for 5 minutes or so and drain. Blot dry with paper towels or a large clean cloth towel.
4. Cut the asparagus spears on the diagonal into bite-sized pieces (about 1 inch long) and place in a medium bowl.
5. Whisk together the lemon infused olive oil, aged balsamic vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt and a pinch of white pepper. Pour the dressing over the asparagus and toss gently. Adjust seasoning to taste (keep in mind that the cheese will be salty).
6. To toast pine nuts, spread them out on a small baking sheet and bake in a 350F oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Just before serving, add the pine nuts and Parmigiano and toss again