Made In Minutes Pasta Dish
Fresh Basil Cannellini Beans and Lemon Olive OIl Spaghetti
-1 lbs dried spaghetti or other pasta
– 1 can 19 ounce can white kidney (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
– 6 tablespoons Sonoma Farm Lemon Olive Oil
-1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding beans for the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Remove 1/2 cup of the cooking liquids; set aside. Drain pasta and beans; cover to keep warm.
2. In a food processor combine basil, lemon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and process until smooth. Add reserved cooking liquid, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency, processing mixture after every addition.
4. To serve, toss hot cooked pasta mixture with lemon-basil mixture. Makes 4 servings.