Tasty Coconut Cake
Tasty Coconut Cake with Raspberry Balsamic Filling Recipe
-2 pints fresh raspberries (12 ounces)
-3 tablespoons Sonoma Farm Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
-1/3 cup sugar
-2 tablespoons water
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-3 tablespoons cornstarch
-Baking spray with flour
-8 ounces cake flour (about 2 cups)
-1/2 cup cake flour
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
-1/3 cup canola oil
-2 tablespoons butter, softened
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 cup coconut water ya)
-6 large egg whites
-3 large egg whites
-1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
-1/2 cup sugar
-3 tablespoons water
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
1. To prepare filling, combine raspberries, 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons water, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring frequently until berries break down. Combine cornstarch and raspberry balsamic 25 year old aged; stir with a whisk until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to raspberry mixture, stirring with a whisk; return to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until very thick, stirring constantly. Spoon mixture into a bowl; cover and refrigerate until needed.
2. Preheat oven to 350°.
3. To prepare cake, coat 3 (8-inch) round metal cake pans with baking spray, and line bottoms of pans with wax paper. Coat wax paper with baking spray; set prepared pans aside.
4. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Place 1 1/4 cups sugar, oil, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed for 5 minutes or until fluffy. Add coconut water; beat at low speed 1 minute or until combined. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed 1 minute or until well combined.
5. Place 6 egg whites in a large, clean bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until medium peaks form using clean, dry beaters. Add 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time; beat 1 minute. Stir one-fourth of egg white mixture into batter; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture. Divide batter evenly among prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 19 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack.
6. To prepare frosting, place 3 egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until medium peaks form using clean, dry beaters. Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons water, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until candy thermometer registers 250°. With mixer on low speed, pour hot sugar syrup in a thin stream down the side of mixing bowl. Gradually increase speed to high; beat 3 minutes or until thick and cool.
7. To assemble cake, place 1 cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of filling (about 1 cup), leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with another cake layer, and spread with remaining filling, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread frosting over top and sides of cake. Gently press coconut flakes into sides of cake.
Corn Bread with Sweet / Hot Garlic RecipeRead more
Mahi Mahi with Lemon Olive Oil RecipeRead more
Grilled Halibut with Mustard and Traditional Barrel Aged Balsamic RecipeRated 5.00 out of 5Read more
Sauteed Chicken Breasts In Garlic Olive Oil with Mixed Mushrooms RecipeRated 5.00 out of 5Read more