Fried Olives with Lemon Olive Oil Recipe
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 Teaspoon Sonoma Farm Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 3 large eggs
• 2 cups bread crumbs
• 20 Kalamata Olives, pitted
• 8 cups Sonoma Farm Grape Seed Oil, for frying
1. In a bowl, whisk together the flour and lemon olive oil. Crack the eggs into a second bowl and whisk until beaten. Place the bread crumbs in a third bowl.
2. Dip the olives in the flour then into the egg mixture then dredge the olives in the flour.
3. Heat the oil in a deep, heavy pot over high until it reaches 375°. Working in small batches (about 5 at a time), fry the olives until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per batch. Skewer the fried olives in pairs on toothpicks and serve
Makes 20 olives
Sonoma Farm Sept 2015