Lemon Yogurt Cake
Lemon Olive Oil Yogurt Pound Cake Recipe
-1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
-1 cup Greek yogurt
-3/4 cup white granulated sugar
-1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
-3 large eggs
– 1/2 cup Sonoma Farm Lemon Olive Oil
-1 cup powdered sugar
-2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 5-inch or 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Grease and flour the pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In another medium-sized bowl, whisk together the yogurt, white sugar, brown sugar, and eggs. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. With a rubber spatula, fold the lemon olive oil into the batter, making sure it’s completely incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until a cake tester placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
3. To make the glaze, sift the powdered sugar into a medium bowl. Whisk in two tablespoons of milk and mix until smooth.
4. Pour the glaze atop the cake
Sonoma Farm March 2014