Oven Roasted Chicken with Blood Orange Olive Recipe
- 4 lb. whole chicken
Blood Orange Garlic Butter:
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened.
- 5 tablespoons Sonoma Farm Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 blood orange, halved.
- 4 slices of Blood Orange
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Make the Blood Orange Garlic Butter: In a bowl mix butter, blood orange olive oil, garlic cloves, dried sage, smoked paprika, salt, and ground pepper. Mix together and set aside.
- Prep the Chicken: Clean the neck, gizzards, and other parts out of the cavity of the chicken. Rinse water over the entire chicken to clean it. Pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan.
- Rub blood orange garlic mixture all over the chicken (be sure to put some under the skin as well).
- Stuff the chicken with 1 blood orange that has been halved.
- Place 3-4 slices of blood orange on top of the chicken.
- Bake for 1 hour 40 minutes, or until internal temperature is 170°F.
Oven-Roasted Chicken Rosemary / Basil Olive Oil with Potatoes RecipeRead more
Grilled Chicken with Lemon Infused Olive Oil and Dijon Mustard RecipeRated 5.00 out of 5Read more
Creamy Mediterranean Chicken with Italiano Dipping Oil RecipeRated 5.00 out of 5Read more
Italian Chicken and Vegetable Soup with Extra Virgin Olive Oil RecipeRated 4.71 out of 5Read more