Zucchini Parmesan Recipe
- 2 Jars Sonoma Farm Asiago Pasta Sauce
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat an 18-by-13-inch sheet pan in the oven for at least 10 minutes while you bread the zucchini.
- Sprinkle both sides of the zucchini planks with salt. Let sit for 5 minutes, then pat dry between paper towels.
- Meanwhile, line up 3 shallow dishes; fill 1 with the flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt (stir well), 1 with the beaten eggs and 1 with the breadcrumbs. Dredge a zucchini plank first in the flour, tapping off any excess, then in the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs. Repeat with the remaining zucchini planks.
- Carefully remove the heated sheet pan from the oven and brush it with the remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil. Place the zucchini on the sheet pan in a single layer. Bake until the undersides are crisp and browned, 8 to 10 minutes, then flip the zucchini and continue baking until golden on the second side, 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Top the zucchini with the pasta sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan. Continue to bake, rotating halfway through, until the cheese melts and browns and the sauce is bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes more. Top with a sprinkle of Parmesan before serving.