Olive Spaghetti Dinner
Baked Muffuletta Spaghetti Recipe
– 8 ounces spaghetti
-1/4 cups chopped green peppers
-Small onions, chopped (2/3 cup)
-2 tablespoons butter
-1 14 1/2 ounce can whole tomatoes, cut up
-8 tbsp Sonoma Farm Mild Muffuletta
-1 tablespoon butter
-4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-3/4 cup whipping cream
-3/4 cup milk
-1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain off the water.
2. For tomato sauce, in a skillet, cook green peppers and onions in the 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in undrained tomatoes and bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Stir in the muffuletta.
3. Meanwhile, for white sauce, in a medium saucepan, melt the 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in flour and salt. Add the whipping cream and milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat.
4. To assemble, arrange spaghetti in an 8x8x2-inch baking dish. Top with white sauce, followed by the tomato sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for about 25 minutes or until heated through. Makes 4 main-dish servings or 8 side-dish servings.