An All Natural Treat
Balsamic Salty Honey Ice Cream
-8 tablespoons honey
-3/4 teaspoon Maldon sea salt
-3 tablespoons Sonoma Farm Balsamic
-1 cup whole milk
-2 tablespoon sugar
-4 large egg yolks
-1 cup heavy cream
1. To a bowl, prepare an ice bath by adding 10 or so ice cubes and adding a few splashes of water. Set a slightly smaller bowl inside the bigger bowl and set a sieve or strain inside the smaller bowl. Set the whole ice bath contraption aside.
2. In a small saucepan or skillet, heat the honey over medium-low heat. Add the salt, balsamic and mix; take the pan off the heat and set it aside.
3. To a medium saucepan, add the milk and sugar; heat over medium until the milk reaches a slight simmer and the sugar dissolves. Once it reaches the simmer, remove the pan from the heat.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks together, thoroughly. Next you’re going to temper the milk mixture. Whisking the entire time, add about 1/4 cup of warm milk to the egg yolks. Add the remainder of the milk to the egg yolk mixture and whisk. Return the entire mixture back to the medium saucepan and place over low heat. Cook the milk and yolk mixture, stirring constantly, until the thermometer reads 170 to 175 degrees F and the mixture appears thick and coats the back of the spoon.
5. Pour the mixture through the sieve into the bowl. If the honey has cooled, quickly rewarm it and add it to the egg yolk mixture, mixing thoroughly. Lastly, stir in the heavy cream. Keep