Bacon and Brussels Sprouts
Brussels Sprouts with Onion, Bacon and Garlic Infused Olive Oil Recipe
-1/2 Pound Thickly Sliced Lean Bacon, Cut Into Thin Strips
-4 Tablespoons Sonoma Farm Garlic Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-1 Sweet Onion, Peeled & Diced
-Coarse Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
-4 Pounds Brussels Sprouts, Stem End Trimmed
1. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderately high heat until browned, about 8 minutes.
2. Add the onion, reduce the heat to moderate and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes, then remove to a plate.
3. In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanch the Brussels sprouts until barely tender, about 3 minutes.
Drain the sprouts, then slice in half.
4. Heat the garlic infused olive oil in the skillet, and cook the sprouts cut side down over medium heat until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
Shake the pan, and add the bacon and onions mixture, stirring well. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes to lightly brown the rest of the sprouts.
5. Season with salt and pepper, then place in large bowl and serve immediately.