Rich Coco and Coffee Cake
Sonoma Farm Coffee Balsamic Cocoa Cake Recipe
-2 cups granulated sugar
-4 teaspoons Sonoma Farm Espresso Balsamic Vinegar Traditional Barrel Aged
-1 cup butter
-2 large eggs, lightly beaten
-1/2 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla
-1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
-2 cups all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon salt
– teaspoon baking soda
– teaspoon cinnamon
-1/2 cup milk
-cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9- by 13-inch baking pan; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together granulated sugar and 3/4 cup butter. Add eggs, buttermilk, Espresso Balsamic Vinegar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla and beat until well blended.
3. In a small bowl, whisk 1/4 cup cocoa in 1 cup boiling water. Add to sugar mixture and beat to blend. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add to sugar-cocoa mixture and beat on low speed to combine thoroughly.
4. Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. In a 2-quart pan over high heat, whisk together remaining 1/4 cup cocoa and the milk and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add remaining 1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces, and stir until melted. Whisk in powdered sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix until smooth. Pour mixture over the still-warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Lemon Olive Oil Baked Salmon RecipeRated 5.00 out of 5Read more
Braised Swiss Chard with Lemon Olive Oil RecipeRated 4.67 out of 5Read more
Mahi Mahi with Lemon Olive Oil and Risotto with Rosemary / Basil Oil RecipeRead more
Feta Margarita Pizza with Garlic Olive Oil RecipeRated 5.00 out of 5Read more