Greek Lemon Potatoes with Garlic Olive Oil Recipe
- 1/2 cup Sonoma Farm Garlic Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, divided.
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice from about 3 lemons, divided.
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). In a 12-inch stainless steel straight-sided sauté pan or skillet, or cast-iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil medium-high heat until shimmering. Add potatoes to skillet, with one cut side down, in a single layer and evenly spaced, and season with salt. Cook, without moving, until potatoes begin to brown around edges, 4 to 5 minutes. Continue to cook, rotating and swirling pan gently to promote even browning and prevent sticking, until potatoes are browned on bottom side, 2 to 3 minutes longer, adjusting heat as needed if some of the piece’s brown too quickly.
- Using a thin metal spatula, flip potatoes onto second flat side. Continue to cook until browned on second side, 4 to 5 minutes. Add remaining olive oil, chicken stock (or water), 3 tablespoons (45ml) lemon juice, and oregano. Bring to a boil, swirling pan occasionally, and season with salt to taste.
- Transfer skillet to oven and roast until potatoes are completely tender, offering little to no resistance when poked with a paring knife, and most of the stock has evaporated, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add remaining 1 tablespoon (15ml) lemon juice, and stir to combine. Season with salt to taste, then serve.
Skillet Chicken and Asparagus Cooked In Garlic Infused Olive Oil RecipeRated 5.00 out of 5Read more
Spicy Ham and Beans Soup with Giardiniera RecipeRated 4.67 out of 5Read more
Sautéed Vegetable Medley with Balsamic Vinegar RecipeRead more
Braised Swiss Chard with Lemon Olive Oil RecipeRated 4.67 out of 5Read more