Pancetta Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Rolls with Garlic Infused Olive Oil Recipe
-8 Chicken Cutlets
-1 1/2 Cups Sautéed Spinach
-8 Tablespoons Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
-8 Slices Very Thin Sliced Pancetta
-Salt & Pepper
-6 Tablespoons Sonoma Farm Garlic Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-3/4 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
-3/4 Cup Dry White Wine
-1 Tablespoon Butter
-1 1/2 Teaspoons Flour
1. Pound the cutlets thin with a meat mallet and lightly season with salt and pepper.
2. In a large, heavy skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the garlic infused olive oil over medium high heat and Sautéed the Spinach.
3. Lay the cutlets on a tray or cutting board and divide the spinach among the eight cutlets, arranging it to cover, leaving a little space along the sides.
Sprinkle a tablespoon of the cheese on top of the spinach on each of the cutlets.
4. Starting at one end, tightly roll the cutlets up.
5. Using a slice of pancetta, carefully wrap the chicken roll around and secure each with a toothpick.
6. In a large, heavy skillet, heat the garlic infused olive oil over medium high heat and brown all the chicken rolls very well on all sides, about 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Add the broth and wine and bring to a boil.
8. Reduce the heat to a simmer, partly cover the skillet and cook for 15 minutes.
9. Remove the chicken to a heated plate and bring the wine mixture remaining in the skillet up to a boil.
10. Season with salt and pepper and thicken with half the butter/flour mixture.
If needed add more of the butter/flour mixture to thicken.
11. Remove the toothpicks from the rolls and return the chicken to the skillet and turn to coat in the sauce.
Place the chicken on a platter and pour the sauce on top.