Goat Cheese Risotto
Risotto with Goat Cheese Recipe
-1 tablespoon Sonoma Farm Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-1/4 cup finely chopped onion
-3/4 cup Arborio rice
-1/4 cup dry white wine
-2 to cups hot water
-1/2 cup low sodium canned chicken stock
-3/4 tsp coarse salt
-1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
-1/3 cup spinach
-1 tbsp unsalted butter
-1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
-1 tbsp goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
2. In an ovenproof saucepan or dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the rice and cook, stirring to coat the grains with olive oil, about 1 minute.
4. Stir in the wine and cook until it has completely evaporated, about 1 minute.
5. Stir in 1 1/2 cups water, the stock, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
6. Cover, transfer to the oven, and bake, until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the rice, 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Remove from oven. Stir in 1/2 to 3/4 cup water (the consistency of the risotto should be creamy), the butter, goat cheese, and parsley. Serve immediately