Asparagus with Parmigiano and Pine Nuts and Infused Lemon Olive Oil Recipe
-1/2 pound asparagus
-3 tablespoons Sonoma Farm Infused Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
-2 tablespoons coarsely grated Parmigiano
1. Wash the asparagus and trim it by holding each spear about two thirds of the way down the stem and bending to snap the spear where it starts to become woody
2. Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil, adding about 1 teaspoon of kosher salt per quart of water. Prepare an ice water bath by filling a large bowl about halfway with cold water and adding a cup or two of ice cubes.
3. When the water is boiling, add the asparagus and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until asparagus is tender but still firm. Drain the asparagus and immediately plunge into the ice water bath. Chill for 5 minutes or so and drain. Blot dry with paper towels or a large clean cloth towel.
4. Cut the asparagus spears on the diagonal into bite-sized pieces (about 1 inch long) and place in a medium bowl.
5. Whisk together the lemon infused olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt and a pinch of white pepper. Pour the dressing over the asparagus and toss gently. Adjust seasoning to taste (keep in mind that the cheese will be salty).
6. To toast pine nuts, spread them out on a small baking sheet and bake in a 350F oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Just before serving, add the pine nuts and Parmigiano and toss again
Panzanella Tomato, Bread Salad with Traditional Barrel Aged Balsamic RecipeRated 4.90 out of 5Read more
Raw Kale Salad with Balsamic and Parmesan RecipeRead more
Robust Caesar Dressing with Garlic Infused Olive Oil RecipeRated 5.00 out of 5Read more
Sugar Snap Pea and Barley with Lemon Olive Oil Salad RecipeRead more
This is a great recipe! I served at a dinner party and it was a huge success!
Absolutely love this recipe. Served it to company and they loved it.
Oh my gosh, this is so good. I made it and ate half of it myself. Tomorrow I’ll have the other half.