Cherry Balsamic Mousse
Ingredients:-1/2 cup 3 tablespoons heavy cream, divided
-1 large egg yolk
-Tiny pinch of salt
-1 tablespoon granulated sugar
-1/4 teaspoon vanilla
-2 ounces bittersweet (72 percent) chocolate, chopped
– 2 teaspoons Sonoma Farm Cherry Balsamic
1. Heat 3 tablespoons of the cream in a small (1-quart) heavy saucepan just until bubbles start to form around the edge of the pan.
2. Whisk together the egg yolk, sugar, and salt in a small heatproof bowl. Add the hot cream in a slow stream, whisking until combined. Transfer mixture back to the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. This can take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes. Resist the urge to turn the heat up or you’ll risk scrambling the egg.
3. Meanwhile, melt chocolate. You can do this in a microwave by heating for 30 seconds at 50 percent power. Remove the bowl and stir the chocolate. Repeat for 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted — about 90 seconds. If you don’t have a microwave, you can melt the chocolate in a small heat proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring frequently. Let cool slightly.
4. Pour the custard through a fine sieve into the chocolate. Add vanilla and cherry balsamic and whisk custard into chocolate until smooth. Let cool.
Cinnamon and Lime Olive Oil Chicken Fajitas RecipeRated 3.00 out of 5Read more
Garlic Olive Oil Chicken with Mozzarella and Mushroom RecipeRead more
Grilled Halibut with Lime Olive Oil Topped with Tropical Fruit Salsa RecipeRead more
Blueberry Pound Cake with Lemon Infused Olive Oil RecipeRated 4.67 out of 5Read more
There are no reviews yet.