Garlic Olive Oil Cream of Celery Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoon Sonoma Farm Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 bunch celery, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup potato flakes
- Heat olive oil and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir celery and onion in hot oil until celery is almost completely tender, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, salt, parsley, celery seed, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover the saucepan with a lid, and simmer until celery is completely soft, 5 to 10 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Pour whipping cream and potato flakes into a jar, cover the jar with a lid, and shake until flakes and milk are completely combined.
- Pour celery mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth. Return pureed celery soup to saucepan.
- Heat soup in the saucepan over low heat; stir milk-potato flake mixture into soup until completely incorporated and hot, 3 to 5 minutes.