Giardiniera English Muffin Tuna Melt Recipe
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced red pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 table spoons Sonoma Farm Hot Giardiniera
- 2 cans (about 10 total ounces) albacore tuna, oil or water packed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 whole English muffins
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
-Preheat oven to 400°F.
– Make the tuna mixture: In a medium bowl, stir together minced celery, onion, red pepper, giardiniera, salt, pepper, and tuna. Fold in the mayo last.
– Prep the tuna melts: Spread out English muffin halves on a baking sheet. Add half a slice of Swiss cheese to the bottom of each muffin. Top each muffin with about two tablespoons of tuna salad mix. Top with second half of cheese.
– Bake: Bake the tuna melts for 12 to 15 minutes until muffins are browned around the edges and the cheese is melted.
– Serve: Serve while warm