Shirazi Salad Extra Virgin Olive Oil Recipe
- 3 Roma tomatoes, small diced
- 1 English cucumber (or 4 small Persian cucumbers), small diced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup finely chopped onions (red or yellow onions will work here)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (optional), chopped into small pieces
- 2 to 3 tbsp EACH chopped fresh parsley, cilantro, and dill
- 1 tbsp dried mint (or 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint)
- Salt and pepper
- Sumac, to taste (optional)
- Juice of 2 large limes (4 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp Sonoma Farm extra virgin olive oil
- Place diced tomatoes for a few minutes in a colander to release excess liquid. (I don’t remove the seeds, so this step helps.)
- In a large bowl, place the diced tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and bell peppers.
- To flavor, add fresh herbs, dried mint, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Add sumac (I started with 1 tsp). Finally, add lime juice, and a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Toss to combine.
- If you have the time, cover and chill this salad in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour for best taste.