Shirazi Salad Extra Virgin Olive Oil Recipe
- 3 Roma tomatoes, small diced
- 1 English cucumber (or 4 small Persian cucumbers), small diced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup finely chopped onions (red or yellow onions will work here)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (optional), chopped into small pieces
- 2 to 3 tbsp EACH chopped fresh parsley, cilantro, and dill
- 1 tbsp dried mint (or 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint)
- Salt and pepper
- Sumac, to taste (optional)
- Juice of 2 large limes (4 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp Sonoma Farm extra virgin olive oil
- Place diced tomatoes for a few minutes in a colander to release excess liquid. (I don’t remove the seeds, so this step helps.)
- In a large bowl, place the diced tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and bell peppers.
- To flavor, add fresh herbs, dried mint, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Add sumac (I started with 1 tsp). Finally, add lime juice, and a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Toss to combine.
- If you have the time, cover and chill this salad in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour for best taste.
Beet and Apple Salad with Extra Virgin Olive Oil RecipeRead more
Beets with Fennel and Lemon Infused Olive Oil Salad RecipeRated 5.00 out of 5Read more
Fennel and Pistachio with Lemon Olive Oil Salad RecipeRead more
Sicilian Blood Orange Infused Olive Oil and Balsamic Salad Dressing RecipeRated 5.00 out of 5Read more