Healthy Lentil Salad
Garlic Olive Lentil Salad Recipe
– 9oz brown lentils, soaked for at least six hours then cooked in water with a pinch of whole sea salt
– water and whole sea salt, to cook the lentils
– 2 cucumbers, ends cut off, washed, peeled and diced
– 1 red pepper, core and seeds removed, washed and diced
– 2 large handfuls of fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
– 1 red onion, peeled and diced
-5 Tbs. Sonoma Farm Garlic Olive Oil
– 1 Tbs. apple vinegar, to taste
– whole sea salt to taste
– ground white pepper, to taste
-Cook the lentils in a pressure cooker or large pot until al dente.
-Rinse the lentils under cold running water, put them in a salad bowl then let cool completely -before adding the cucumbers, pepper, parsley, onion and garlic.
-Toss and add the garlic olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
-Toss again then transfer into the fridge to cool for at least half hour. Serve chilled.