Orange Chocolate Waffles
Blood Orange Olive Oil Double Chocolate Dessert Waffles Recipes
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1/4 cup cocoa powder
-2 tablespoons light brown sugar
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-3/4 cup whole milk
-1 large egg
-2 tablespoons Sonoma Farm Blood Orange Olive Oil
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
-2 tablespoons room temperature unsalted butter
1. In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
2. In a measuring cup or medium bowl, measure out milk, crack in the egg and pour in the blood orange olive oil and vanilla extract; whisk until smooth.
3. Make a makeshift double-boiler by setting a glass or stainless-steel bowl over a pot of simmering water. Add the chocolate and butter to the bowl; when melted, stir the two together until smooth. Pour the melted chocolate into the milk mixture and whisk. The chocolate will be striated throughout the milk – not to worry!
4. Create a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid ingredients. Combine until just mixed, being sure not to over mix.
5. Coat both sides of your waffle iron with cooking spray or rub it with blood orange olive oil. Fill each cavity with about 1/2 cup of batter and cook until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes (or according to the waffle maker’s instructions – each one seems to be slightly different).